Monday , 5 December 2016
Home » World News » 200 Schoolgirls Were Kidnapped

200 Schoolgirls Were Kidnapped

200 Schoolgirls Were Kidnapped

200 Schoolgirls Were Kidnapped
200 Schoolgirls Were Kidnapped

PARIS: Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan on Saturday defended his decision to cancel a visit to the town of Chibok from where more than 200 schoolgirls were kidnapped by Boko Haram Islamist militants more than a month ago.

“What is of interest now is to locate the girls. The girls are not in Chibok,” said the Nigerian leader, whose last-minute cancellation of a visit to the town, ostensibly for security reasons, was widely criticised.

“I will visit Chibok,” he said, but did not give a date.

Jonathan also dismissed criticism that the Nigerian response had been slow, saying the terror “only started in 2009 and we didn’t have the architecture to deal with that.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *